We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: End Of Show Songs?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Matt_B

• Southwestern CT, USA
    • View Profile
    • Radio Free Connecticut
End Of Show Songs?
« on: May 14, 2020, 0750 UTC »
Not sure if this is the right place for this.....

....anywho, do we have any fellow internet/radio DJs here? Curious to know if anybody else has a signature "end-of-show song".  I've started to use Bob Seger's "The Famous Final Scene" for this purpose. 
Matt Boland
Southwestern CT
Owner/Operator, "Radio Free Connecticut"
PS4: JupBol16

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: End Of Show Songs?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 1908 UTC »
I've used the short filler from Deliverance - Cheese Burger, Maker Do, to end Capital Rips, since it has that chic at the end asking, "That's the end?" I don't know how many times I've heard The Doors - This Is The End, to end a show, or even end an entire station going off-air for the last time. Then, there's This Is The Last Goodbye. (Not sure, but was that Radio Head that did that?) Some more obscure ones are Saint - Time's End. (Title cut track from that album.) The Alter Boys - Final Hour. That last tune in Pink Floyd - The Wall comes to mind, before that quiet harmonica tune, but can't recall that name of it. (I know y'all out there can blast out that one, while I'm having a brain fart.) Oh... REM - End Of The World, as We Know It. Europe - Final Countdown. (Yeah, that one has been kind of over used already.) Still, some others that come to mind are, Orcus - Here Comes The End! Soberpill - The End. Two Wheel Eel - Last Goodbye. Hounds Of Heaven - Happy Ending. Liquid Violence - The End. Brainchild - Desend. The Black Coffee - The Last Train. Believer - Dust To Dust. Actor - Checking Out. Then, there's the 1sec track from The Lead - Wink Of An Eye. (Yes, it's that short.) So, a few choices out there. Many more I'm missing, fo' sure.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 2040 UTC »
This is an oldie but how about Vera Lynn singing "We'll Meet Again" used in the ending of the movie Dr. Strangelove.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 2237 UTC »
Roaring 60s - We love the pirates. Ended just about every show with that but usually not the last part of the song, fade out then off goes the TX power.
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 0502 UTC »
I've used a bunch of songs over the years.  Some that come to mind...

VAST "We will meet again"
Incubus 'Aqueous Transmission'
Audio Adrenaline 'It's Over'

I've been using the untitled track from the end of Revis' album 'Places for Breathing' seemingly forever as a closing theme/bed.  Following that, the last song is kindof a sendoff.  Its usually picked more for mood than content.

You could use 'Happy Trails'...  Prof thought of ELO's "It's Over"

+-RH
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 0512 UTC by redhat »
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Azimuth Coordinator

• Listen for Us on 4185 Khz or 5185 Khz
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 1056 UTC »
I use two different Outros   Pink Floyd Marooned also an Air check  and a Synth Outro..  I have changed them over the years.. I have used the same interval signal now for 6+ years  Elton Johns Bitter Fingers just the intro repeated  and I always close with the National Anthem. 

tAC
QTH: A Clandestine location on the East Coast
Watkins Johnson WJ-8716, WJ-8718A, WJ-8618B
Radio.Illuminati6150@Gmail.com

Offline M R I

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 1404 UTC »
Mostly I do not use a closing song because I play a variety of music genres. In the past I used a nice classical song ‘Con te partirò ‘ or ‘Time to Say Goodbye’ by Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman.
Mix.Radio.International [at] ProtonMail [dot] com

Offline Brian

• Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 2032 UTC »
A dj on my fave 80's station used Midnight and You by Barry White for his sign off tune, unironicly at midnight.

Offline CoolAM Radio

• Netherlands
  • CoolAM Radio... So Cool... that it's Hot!
    • View Profile
    • CoolAM Radio - ShortWave 6735
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 2157 UTC »
I'm using 

Petula Clark - The Show Is Over Now

André
CoolAM Radio - Shortwave
the Netherlands
Make your dream a reality...
                Then go to sleep...