We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DXing Baseball September 8-9, 2017  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
DXing Baseball September 8-9, 2017
« on: September 08, 2017, 2237 UTC »
I last did this a month ago.  Maybe one last go at it in late September.  As always, noted stations are at least 75 miles away from me.  To be continued throughout the evening....

2235z WOR 710 am New York. Excellent reception - Reds at Mets Pre-game show with Wayne Randazzo talking to Met Manager Terry Collins about Gsellman's pitch location last game.  After commercials (BMW to start), Randazzo to talk with Brandon Nimmo.

2312z WFED 1500 am Washington. Very good reception - Phillies at Nationals "Two on and one out for the Phillies.  Nationals at double play depth.  Long run for Taylor and he won't get it, a three run home run.  RBI 41-42-43 for Nick Williams,  3-0 Phillies in the top of the first"

2322z WBEC 1420 am Pittsfield, MA. Very good reception - Rays at Red Sox  "He lines it down the left field line, it will go for a double.  The Red Sox threatening early with runners on second and third, now Mookie comes up.  Down the the right field line, toward the Pesky Pole, it's gone and the Red Sox take a 3-0 lead"  (Wow, just flipping dials - two first inning three run homers within 10 minutes)

2333z WTSN 1270 am Dover, NH Very good reception - Rays at Red Sox "The Rays did a very nice thing allowing anyone to bring family members here to Boston, then when they go to New York (reschedule from Tampa to Citi Field).  This is fouled off the catcher's shin guard.  Base hit, fifth of the inning, runners on first and second.  Archer strikes out Vazquez to end the inning, Sox up 3-0 after 1."

0009z WFAN 660 am New York.  Yankees at Rangers - Suzyn Waldman talking about rescheduled series vs. Rays to Citi Field.  Seventeen of Yanks last 20 in New York.  Sterling: First pitch (of game) strike to Gardner."

Reception has been oddly nonexistent for any station off the Atlantic coast.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 0041 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: DXing Baseball September 8-9, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 0834 UTC »

Reception has been oddly nonexistent for any station off the Atlantic coast.

Huge geomagnetic storm yesterday,  K index = 8.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DXing Baseball September 8-9, 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 1518 UTC »

Thanks, that would explain the oddity here - other than the one next to the radio  :D!   Back to my vat o' applebutter.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)