We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: CIVIL DEFENSE OF CHILE ON 6951 KHZ USB  (Read 1479 times)

Offline FFM

• View Profile
CIVIL DEFENSE OF CHILE ON 6951 KHZ USB
« on: September 12, 2017, 0046 UTC »
DURING SATURDAYS I LISTEN ON 6951 USB MODE COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN HEADQUARTER OF THE CIVIL DEFENSE OF CHILE AND THEIR LOCAL QUARTERS, VERY ESPORADIC TRANSMISSIONS AT 12:00 - 22:00 GMT. PEAK OF ACTIVITY HEARD AT 14:00 - 16:00GMT.

THIS IS ONE OF MY RECEPTIONS OF THEM DURING EMERGENCIES.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wxS1tiiMU
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 1952 UTC by FFM »
TRYING TO BUILD MY OWN TX, LISTENING TO THE AIRWAVES.

Online R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: CIVIL DEFENSE OF CHILE ON 6951 KHZ USB
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 1437 UTC »
This is a nice catch.  Awesome to see that there are legit users mixed in with all the Spanish language traffic found in the 6700-7000 kHz range. 

I'll keep this frequency in mind while monitoring for future activity.  Are there any other frequencies they use besides 6951 kHz USB?
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline FFM

• View Profile
Re: CIVIL DEFENSE OF CHILE ON 6951 KHZ USB
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 1950 UTC »
THANKS FOR COMMENTING. YOU CAN LISTEN THEM ON 6951 (the main channel) AND SOMETIMES ON 13982 USB MODE (they say channel 6 when they traslade the qso to that frequency). GOOD LUCK RECEIVING THEM. THE YOUTUBE VIDEO IS MINE, IN MY CHANNEL IS ANOTHER RECEPTION OF AN ARGENTINEAN EMERGENCY SERVICE FOR ISOLATED PEOPLE OF SALTA PROVINCE, CHECK IT TOO HEHEHE. 73!
TRYING TO BUILD MY OWN TX, LISTENING TO THE AIRWAVES.