We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID 6919 kHz LSB Russian ? Language 0028 UTC 8Sept. 2017  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
UNID 6919 kHz LSB Russian ? Language 0028 UTC 8Sept. 2017
« on: September 08, 2017, 0031 UTC »
Sounds like Russian language conversation btw a few stations. Signal S7-S9 in WNY. I believe I heard one OM say Nostrovia. Maybe someone could verify language.
0045 UTC - Been monitoring for a while, these guys sound like they are having a good time !
0057 UTC - One station is playing music.
0110 UTC - A few stations still conversing.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 0110 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: UNID 6919 kHz LSB Russian ? Language 0028 UTC 8Sept. 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 1419 UTC »
If it is indeed Russian, that's a good catch.  6919 kHz LSB is a common frequency for Portuguese speakers (likely fishing fleets communicating using HF radios).  The Portuguese speaking pescadores (or peskies) are also known to play music to each other.

If you hear these guys again, maybe you could get a recording?  
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 1444 UTC »
This was the first time I have heard what sounded like Russian stations on this frequency. At times I could hear multiple stations conversing even when the music was playing.
I even had the YL listen and she agreed with me that they sounded Russian. Next time I will try recording.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 1532 UTC »
Awesome.  I've heard Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, English and some unknown Asian language in the 6-7 MHz region (read: the 6600-7000 kHz region) but I've never heard Russian. 

U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m