We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Civil Air Patrol / CAP Net 4636 kHz USB 2240+ UTC 13 Sept 2017  (Read 1263 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
White Peak 4 (net control) station calling White Peak 6 at 2242 UTC, then giving a general call for any other stations at 2243 UTC.  Nothing heard (at least by me and the net control station) for several minutes.  

0039 UTC - discussion of antenna and relaying information from net control station to another station
0040 UTC - reference to "headquarters antenna" and "southeast group antennas"
0041 UTC - further discussion of background noise at antenna installation, radio check with White Peak 30
0042 UTC - "spoke with the Group Commander the other night" - two stations talking about "White Peak 30" and extra transceivers
0042 UTC - talking about radios having the "new frequencies" programmed in an older transceiver
0043 UTC - further discussion of SWR readings on particular antenna system
0044 UTC - "put the other radio on and give a try, over" "we do not have a power cord for it" talk about swapping radios
0045 UTC - "I will have to tell him to talk louder" - stations on first name basis with each other
0046 UTC - ham radio like discussion about issues with old vs. new radio at one station
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 0046 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Civil Air Patrol / CAP Net 4636 kHz USB 2240+ UTC 13 Sept 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 0328 UTC »
4636 is one of the Northeast Regional frequencies, White Peak is the New York Wing.  :)
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: Civil Air Patrol / CAP Net 4636 kHz USB 2240+ UTC 13 Sept 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 0612 UTC »
Sweet.  I've noticed lots of activity on that frequency in the past.  You wouldn't happen to have a list of the other regional frequencies?  I was in the Civil Air Patrol but most, if not all, of their HF frequencies have changed.  I do remember there being 4 MHz regional frequencies, and then several headquarters or nationwide frequencies on various bands, including 25 and 26 MHz frequencies and ALE systems. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m