We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID English Language 6762 kHz USB 0030 UTC 14 Sept 2017  (Read 758 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
UNID English Language 6762 kHz USB 0030 UTC 14 Sept 2017
« on: September 14, 2017, 0033 UTC »
After checking several remote SDRs (due to an extremely strong local carrier parked right on 6764 kHz making copy impossible no matter what the bandpass settings are) I found one where I can sort of tune the signals on 6762 kHz.  Tried 6762.2 kHz USB and its still distorted.  I'm beginning to think this has more to do with the language being spoken vs. the frequency and mode.  That, or there's two QSOs going on, one in LSB and the other in USB and that's why I can't seem to tune it in completely. 

At 0032 UTC, I heard a clear transmission on 6762 kHz USB, in broken English (very thick Caribbean-sounding accent) "yeah okay" and "yeah batty boy".  Possibly coming from Jamaica??
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNID English Language 6762 kHz USB 0030 UTC 14 Sept 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 0053 UTC »
0049 UTC - I hear two stations conversing on 6762 signal S5.  The carrier on 6764 is too strong for me to make out the language.
0052 UTC - Both stations have stopped conversing.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com