We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Sstv iPad mini sstv app Apple  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Laidbackdx

• Québec city canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sstv iPad mini sstv app Apple
« on: September 17, 2017, 0158 UTC »
Is 10.3.3  (14G60)  iPad mini strong enough for sstv reception with black cat apple sstv app
Please qsl to denismartin19621962@gmail.com

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Sstv iPad mini sstv app Apple
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 1357 UTC »
It should work fine. The most important thing you can do for best decoding is to feed a clean audio signal. A direction connection via a cable is best, I have some info on building or buying one here: http://www.blackcatsystems.com/ipad/iPad_iPhone_iPod_Touch_Microphone_Wiring.html

If you do not use a cable, you want to position the iPad mic very close to your radio's speaker, or better yet, plug earphones/headphones into the radio, and put the iPad mic next to one of the ear pieces.

Of course proper tuning of the station is essential, with a strong signal, minimal interference, etc.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Laidbackdx

• Québec city canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 1640 UTC »
Thank you very much for the info I received my first four sstv receptions this morning on 14.230 usb
Please qsl to denismartin19621962@gmail.com

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 1743 UTC »
Thank you very much for the info I received my first four sstv receptions this morning on 14.230 usb

Good to hear! If you'd like to leave a review on the App Store, I'd greatly appreciate it  :)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree