We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Brother Stair 5900 AM  (Read 1652 times)

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brother Stair 5900 AM
« on: September 21, 2017, 2329 UTC »
Listening to the usual Brother Scare ranting about this and that, since it is a live broadcast i am hearing people go woooo! And saying amen and other things.. There no moaning and groaning today though. Signal is pretty good with fading and the audio is good..
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
Re: Brother Stair 5900 AM
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 0048 UTC »
He comes in well on lower bands on the lead up to sunset here, must be a massive transmitter, first signal in from NA and seldom less than strength nine, usually plus 20 or more dB over. Hate to see the church's electricity account... :o

He and his followers always seem to get very involved and worked up during the preaching, about five minutes is enough for me this way and then tune off.  Remember the TV evangelists that used to be broadcasted on Australian TV from the USA, Jimmy and Tammy Fay Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts and the fancy man Benny Hinn with the colourful business attire touting his "world wide ministries and donate now..." ;D

Big bucks in religion eh?
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 1416 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline shadypyro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 2123 UTC »
He comes in well on lower bands on the lead up to sunset here, must be a massive transmitter, first signal in from NA and seldom less than strength nine, usually plus 20 or more dB over. Hate to see the church's electricity account... :o

He and his followers always seem to get very involved and worked up during the preaching, about five minutes is enough for me this way and then tune off.  Remember the TV evangelists that used to be broadcasted on Australian TV from the USA, Jimmy and Tammy Fay Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts and the fancy man Benny Hinn with the colourful business attire touting his "world wide ministries and donate now..." ;D

Big bucks in religion eh?

I remember watching Benny Hinn on tv few years ago.. Maybe they are getting read for the world that is supposedly going to end tomorrow.

Offline shadypyro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 2124 UTC »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ
lol this is ossum

I seen that video before and the start was too funny!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns