We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: AC/DC co-founder and guitarist Malcolm Young dead at 64  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: AC/DC co-founder and guitarist Malcolm Young dead at 64
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 2213 UTC »
I guess he knows now if he was truly on the highway to Hell?

I saw them on their first two American swings in 1977. I paid a total of eight bucks together to attend both shows. After Bon Scott died, I swore 'em off for life.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 1411 UTC »
          Certainly grew up jammin' them over the years. In the mid-1970's, you'd hear either Dirty Deeds, or Big Balls, crankin' outta' apartments when ya walked the streets. Also blasting on car stereo 8-Track players. Then, when AC/DC practically reinvented themselves in 1980, everyone was blasting Back In Black on those simple cassette recorders, then boomboxes. Not to mention heavy airplay. Ya gotta' give AC/DC credits for some damn good riffs and longevity. Will the band still keep rockin'? Let's hope so. Let There Be Rock was one of my favorite LP, then tape, now CD. That album just exploded on the scene in 1977, but not so much on radio airplay, except for an occasional album rock play of Whole Lot Of Rosie. Ahhhhh the memories.   
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 1537 UTC »
We're ever grateful for their help in killing the travesty that is disco.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.