We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: unid 372  (Read 1415 times)

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
unid 372
« on: November 12, 2017, 1934 UTC »
Hearing I (..) about every 6 seconds mixing with 372 CQD Erie PA early this morning.  Can't seem to find it listed in any of the usual various sources.  Any ideas ???

Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: unid 372
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 2156 UTC »
CQD was not in this AM in my overnite recording.  If you were hearing CQD on its upper offset of ~373.022 you very well may have also been hearing the lower offset of EE (Alexandria MN) on ~372.956 which was strong all AM here.  The dits of EE are spaced closely together sounding and looking like an I, and its listed cycle time is about 6.2 seconds.
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: unid 372
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 2259 UTC »
CQD was not in this AM in my overnite recording.  If you were hearing CQD on its upper offset of ~373.022 you very well may have also been hearing the lower offset of EE (Alexandria MN) on ~372.956 which was strong all AM here.  The dits of EE are spaced closely together sounding and looking like an I, and its listed cycle time is about 6.2 seconds.

OK, tnx, that has to be it.  Checked my logbook and it looks like EE has fooled me for a second time now...  heard this past springtime, same situation.   ;) 
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan