We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Hifer beacon WM  (Read 1934 times)

Offline tesla

• View Profile
Hifer beacon WM
« on: November 28, 2017, 1541 UTC »
Nov. 28  time 1536utc WM ided 3 times in a row freq.  13555.300 khz   Location Lawrenceville, Ill
Q5 copy. 

Offline N8OOU

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hifer beacon WM
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 2145 UTC »
tesla

Thanks for the WM Report today. It's good to learn that it is landing somewhere else besides my property. The beacon transmits QRSS followed by regular CW.  It's amazing that the CW ID gets reported at least equally to the QRSS ID.

I am testing a new antenna on 630m wspr this evening, That band is amazing, but 22m is much more satisfying when a report is received.

Mike  --  WM Beacon   73.
de N8OOU Mike
Kenwood TS-480HX - OCF dipole/5 band trap vertical
Part 15 WM beacon operator

Offline tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 2346 UTC »
Mike thanks for posting over here on HFU...
By the way how often does WM produce the string of three IDs?

Bill - Pine Colorado PCO

Offline N8OOU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 0503 UTC »
Bill,  It takes a little over 5 minutes to send the FSKCW ID segment with a 3 second dit time. The CW ID segment is then sent.  Then it's lather, rinse, repeat.....  The letters "WM " are sent 4 times in both segments.

I visit this site on occasion, QRM is getting kinda bad on some of the others so I have been spending more time here.

Mike   73
de N8OOU Mike
Kenwood TS-480HX - OCF dipole/5 band trap vertical
Part 15 WM beacon operator

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns