We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID station, possible clandestine? 5457 AM, 0445ish-0500, 22 DEC 2017  (Read 1948 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
There was no ID to understand and no listing of a station on fpeconsultant's b17 schedule, but I'm pretty confident that I copied a clandestine station at this time and frequency, although a religious broadcast is also a possibility. There's nothing listed on any of the usual SWBC listings either. I was alerted to it by a Facebook post, and tuned in to a broadcast of OM speaking Mandarin in soothing tone, with piano music in the background. There was then a song in the adult contemporary style sung by YL in Chinese, and QRT at 0500. Listened via NA5B's web SDR in the Washington DC area with a general SIO of 333. I didn't think to make a recording but will try to remember to monitor this frequency at this time.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail