We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 3843 kHz LSB 0417 UTC KI4THY Calling S. Korea Military Bases 22Dec2017  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Amateur radio station KI4THY Captain Dave calling S. Korean military bases  wishing them Merry Christmas. 
0431 UTC - Captain Dave now discussing wine brands at Walmart.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 0432 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline digitalmod

• Cherokee Foot Hills, SC
  • Freedom includes Radio Broadcasting
    • View Profile
    • Email
Good old house boat Dave. I can't say I like him or have any interest, but he has run a course outside of what ARRL thinks HR should be. You might say, have an opinion other than about a radio, please keep it to yourself. FCC may be starting to get a clue, as did the US forest service, not all fires can or even should be put out.
Dave does have a guy who ran a fowl of ARRL and FCC years ago, K1MAN. The FCC harangue when on for twenty years with MAN in court going prose. Nothing really happened except he could not renew his license because he owed money to FCC.
He passed away about a year ago, and his transmitters were finally silenced forever. :-X
Radio is dying. We need to give it shelter