We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DGPS decoder for windows ?  (Read 984 times)

Offline Loufoque

• View Profile
    • Email
DGPS decoder for windows ?
« on: January 18, 2018, 1738 UTC »
Hi.

From your experience what is the most sensitive DGPS decoder for windows ?

For now i am using Amalgamated DGPS, it's a great software that can take all the band, but that is not very sensitive for me in real time "Audio Input Decoding mode".

I have try it again yesterday and it was impossible to decode signals that was clearely visible with at least 20  db s/n in sdr#

I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: DGPS decoder for windows ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 1749 UTC »
For now i am using Amalgamated DGPS, it's a great software that can take all the band, but that is not very sensitive for me in real time "Audio Input Decoding mode".

I have try it again yesterday and it was impossible to decode signals that was clearely visible with at least 20  db s/n in sdr#

Perhaps there's an issue with the audio being fed into the program? Is it at an adequate volume, but also not clipping?

Also, remember that you have to correctly tell the program what frequency your radio is tuned to, and the audio passband, or it won't decode any stations. (And change those settings if you return your radio)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Loufoque

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: DGPS decoder for windows ?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 1933 UTC »
Hi Chris.

Thanks for your reply.

I am well aware of all those settings and everything is in accordance with the documentation !
It's why i would like to compare it to what it is considered a sensitive DGPS decoder.
If i have the same results with an other one then it's my setup or I am too exigent :)

Do you have any recommendations ?

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns