We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 4096.4 ditter help me out  (Read 1516 times)

Offline tesla

• View Profile
4096.4 ditter help me out
« on: February 03, 2018, 1456 UTC »
It has been years since I heard the 4096 cluster.  There seems to be a carrier on that freq. traveling on the power lines that
are in the village.  However, last night around 4096.4 I heard a dit being sent every 6-7 secs which was hard to get an actual
count on because of deep qsb. 

Has anyone else heard this? 

Bill - Pine, Colorado

Offline DYGradio

• San Tan Valley, AZ
  • All intercepts via my home receivers
    • View Profile
    • WB5DYG Amateur Radio
    • Email
Re: 4096.4 ditter help me out
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 1904 UTC »
Hi Bill,
I believe you and I have chatted in the past.. been a while. I have a carrier in the midst of the 4096 area as well that I can always see faintly in the waterfall. I still log Coxie every now and then, generally cannot hear it but can see it in the waterfall. I believe our other old friends in that area are gone now. There seem to be others out there though. Early this morning at 12:45z I had a dasher on 4096.32. 12 dashes per minute and dashes looked to be 3 seconds or so each with 3 seconds in between in the waterfall (maybe the Haystack beacon?). Pretty much between where Hexie and Kelsie used to be.

Just switched the rig over to 4096 and I have Coxie with its 4.5 second dashes at 4096.07, weak but audible with fades and very clear in the waterfall. It is loud and clear on Token's KiwiSDR.

While listening to Coxie just now (18:53z) on the the Kiwi another one popped up with about a three second dash at 4095.92. It is weaker than Coxie and fading in and out. Its timing is different so it sometimes overlaps Coxie and sometimes not. Sounds like the chorus we used to hear with the multiple beacons in the cluster. The wind/temp beacon is quite visible in the waterfall up the band as well.

I will keep an ear out for the 4096.4 ditter.

Ron
Ron
WB5DYG
San Tan Valley, AZ  Grid square DM43ff
www.wb5dyg.com

Icom IC-R8500/IC-R7000/IC-718/Airspy HF+/Airspy HF+ Discovery/Hammarlund HQ-180A
Vertical, longwire, and other antennas

Offline tesla

• View Profile
Re: 4096.4 ditter help me out
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 0145 UTC »
Ron,
It has been forever since I heard from you...
I'm Copying ZN on 4070 as I type this...
Thanks for current state of the 4096 beacons.