We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 3rd & 4th Feb listening  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
3rd & 4th Feb listening
« on: February 05, 2018, 1737 UTC »
Just a quick report

Saturday's listening, at around 15:15 PST/23:15UTC. At the 13,555 kHz spot, I noted a trace of NC and SIW using Spectrum Lab, but no other signals were detectable. Further up the band there was a big lift for PCO, and it was plain copy by ear - a lovely clean signal, with some slow fading minute to minute. No sign of any of the other beacons in that region.

Sunday listening around 16:00 PST, often a fair time, revealed a quiet band - even the constant drones around 13,560 were subdued.

Offline tesla

• View Profile
Re: 3rd & 4th Feb listening
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 1512 UTC »
Ed, Thanks for posting PCO.  I guess it does get out and your the only one that hears it...go figure.

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
Re: 3rd & 4th Feb listening
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 1749 UTC »
PVC has a similarly small audience... Thanks for the reports. Were I more fluent in Morse, I might suggest attempting a QSO :)