We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: LWBC in MICHIGAN - who is on 153 Kc?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline NM8R

• View Profile
    • Email
LWBC in MICHIGAN - who is on 153 Kc?
« on: February 14, 2018, 0319 UTC »
Some years ago when I started listening to LWBC R. Algeria inhabited 153 Kc.  But, their modulation level was always so low that in spite of a massive carrier they were not listenable.  Kind of the exact opposite of R. Havana Cuba, on SW.  Then I seem to recall they went dark.  So I stopped checking.

Anyway, for some reason tonight I take a quick look and a station is there, and even with a decent signal for a while. 

Who is it?

0300Z

Scott

Offline Uli_Bel

• View Profile
Re: LWBC in MICHIGAN - who is on 153 Kc?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 1238 UTC »
Hi Scott !
Do you know this list:
http://www.mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=153

very useful and very up to date !

Unfortunately some antenna work with my online webreceiver...
Sometimes I need to take it down, when working on the antennas, or I need the receiver as a remote spectrum analyser...

Ulli, ON5KQ
http://on5kq.ddns.net:8073
online Web-radio with antennas in my garden...

Offline Kilokat7

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • West Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Kilokat7 DX
Re: LWBC in MICHIGAN - who is on 153 Kc?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 0644 UTC »
Hey Scott,

RE: 153, never anything heard here, just South of your location.  Romania and Norway also occupy the channel but I've never heard them here.  LW had been exceptionally good here earlier in the week, before the sun burped.  252 Algeria was as good as any local and 225 Poland and 270 Czech Republic were heard for the first time since about 8-9 years ago.
PLS QSL kilokat7(at)gmail.com
Perseus SDR / DKAZ loops
1980s pirate off-air archive
West Michigan DX