We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Öömrang should be on today  (Read 745 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Radio Öömrang should be on today
« on: February 21, 2018, 1515 UTC »
... Feb. 21, at 1600 UTC, 15215 UTC. The following link is in Spanish and was the only thing I could find confirming that it's happening this year (other than a listing on the Eibi schedule), but you can use the translation option on your browser if you have that plug-in. (Chrome has it built in already.)

https://elradioescucha.net/2018/02/21/hoy-emision-especial-de-radio-oomrang/

EDIT: terrific signal in Colorado, although there was a glitch at the beginning when the tx cut out for two or three minutes right after it started. SIO 455-555, S9 to S9+10 on the meter, SNR in the 35 dB range. Mostly very casual sounding conversations between men and women speaking Frisian (presumed - my knowledge of German isn't good enough to distinguish dialects, but that's the one spoken in Amran.)

https://youtu.be/L7PERJSKvlE
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 1951 UTC by MDK2 »
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Öömrang should be on today
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 0242 UTC »
I listened on the Univ of Twente's WebSDR, as I was at work. Had the station at home set to record and it did. However, the cable from the radio to the computer was loose, so had no audio.  >:( :'(

It wasn't all that strong on the WebSDR and I'm guessing it was somewhere near the skip zone.
Minneapolis, MN

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns