We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Unknown signal on 29680 kHz, Friday 23 Feb  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Ronald_Mullis

• Central Slovakia
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Bike DXer
Unknown signal on 29680 kHz, Friday 23 Feb
« on: February 24, 2018, 2006 UTC »
Possible pirate on 10 metre band (29680 kHz), at 17:43 UTC just minutes before the sunset.

Please, can anyone help to identify what language is it? It was coming strong and clear here in Edinburgh, Scotland..

Thank you,

video:
https://youtu.be/hpUiHyYKqvw

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unknown signal on 29680 kHz, Friday 23 Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 2130 UTC »
I was able to shazam both songs here and the first is a Taiwanese artist named Rene Liu....the second song is "In The Rain" by Wang Chieh, a Taiwanese-Hong Kong singer songwriter. I suspect this a harmonic or mixing product of some sort.
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Ronald_Mullis

• Central Slovakia
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Bike DXer
Re: Unknown signal on 29680 kHz, Friday 23 Feb
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 2333 UTC »
Thanks, that is interesting. I need to keep listening but because of the noise in my neighborhood I only do outdoor DXing and it freezes here these days..