We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Funny but true......  (Read 851 times)

Online Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Funny but true......
« on: March 03, 2018, 1523 UTC »

We have an employee funded gym at work.  I am a charter member of said gym with the exercise bike being my favorite piece of equipment.  I did more road biking in younger years.  The Gym Board members informed me they were securing a Peloton Bike for me.  I responded with, "If I wanted to sit in front of a screen and be yelled at, I could just go home  ;)". Ah, you can take the boy out of NYC but you can't take NYC out of the boy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 1532 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Funny but true......
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 2024 UTC »
Lol the gym in our strip mall put flyers on all our vehicles in the lot. We all looked at each other and laughed. I move tons of steel a day at work, by hand. In the heat of summer I'll be sweating like Hillary Clinton in church.
As much as I hate to be drenched with sweat in public, I'm afraid if I stopped now I'd soon be in much worse shape. In the end, they pay me to exercise.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Online Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Funny but true......
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 2037 UTC »

Good for you!  That's why I make it a habit of putting in a good size garden every year, don't get much of an opportunity to "work out" at work.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)