We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: What's up with HM01  (Read 1387 times)

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
What's up with HM01
« on: March 05, 2018, 1925 UTC »
Has been in repeat mode since 2/9 - and the audio has become flat out rotten - not a propagation issue - echoey and distorted.  Also, more & more RHC BXs just before HM01 starts and lots of Windows sounds - the other day the YL just repeated "UNO" for about a minute with no transmission to follow.
Makes me wonder if their "messages" are or were ever intended to be received by any real "spy".
FPE
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline shadypyro

• British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What's up with HM01
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 2359 UTC »
And i was listening to HM01 on 8010 LSB on the Texas SDR, and i can hear that and M08a mixing in as usual.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: What's up with HM01
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 0027 UTC »
Makes me wonder if their "messages" are or were ever intended to be received by any real "spy".

There's little doubt that they have been in the past. But today? Who knows? All one can say is that they haven't gotten a new message in nearly a month, and that was after a fairly lengthy period of normal operation without repeats. I'm sure it's keeping some counterintelligence officials busy trying to figure out which possibility is the likeliest.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail