We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: French Grammont Long Wave Radio  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
French Grammont Long Wave Radio
« on: April 13, 2018, 1141 UTC »
https://www.doctsf.com/grandlivre/fiche.php?f_ref=22810&ori=ps

The AirB&B we are staying in Catania has this tabletop radio (link above) sitting on a piece of furniture in the dining room.  The actual radio is in disrepair and fairly beat up, lacking the button/light (?) on the upper right hand corner of the face.  After I did some searching, I found out it is a long wave 1951 French made Grammont radio Model 5216, chassis 332880.  The printing on the face is dozens of cities that align with the long wave slide rule-like tuner.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 1321 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: French Grammont Long Wave Radio
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 1707 UTC »
Fix it!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 0454 UTC »
All my supplies are in the States.  If I was McGyver, I could probably turn the espresso pot, wine opener, and gelato spoon into needed supplies.  Funny you should mention it, one of my thirty-something sons who booked the place saw the radio and pleaded, "Don't touch the radio".
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 1750 UTC »
LOL!!!!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 0019 UTC »
The missing thing is the 6S5G tube "magic eye".  Viewed as a green glowing circle. How much of the circle is complete represents signal strength  .  Old tech by 1951, even though not much had changed since the 30s rarely seen in US radios by then. Not hard to find but somewhat wild valuation$. Makes sense it got robbed .
 Interesting old radio
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 0414 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns