We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Low pass filters for 6.900~ish MHz  (Read 1302 times)

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Low pass filters for 6.900~ish MHz
« on: January 08, 2011, 0527 UTC »
I got some I think T-126-2 torroids kicking around as well as some HV mica caps of various sizes.  I'm looking more for winding directions more than anything else, as most 7 pole filters I've found on the web list cap values and core type, but nothing with regard to winding instructions.  Looking for something that can handle at least 300W PEP.

Thanks,

-+RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline lovemyradios

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Low pass filters for 6.900~ish MHz
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 1847 UTC »
I have found that cutting your coax at 1/2 or full wave length, keeping your dipole up way high, using a decent balun and grounding everything super good, eliminates RFI.  Might not need filters if you take those steps, at least for 300-watts.  Unless you live in the middle of an apartment complex and then you'll probably come in on the phones and cable.  Good luck