We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: TESCUN PL 600  (Read 2789 times)

Offline DOCTOR

• INDIANA
    • View Profile
    • Email
TESCUN PL 600
« on: January 08, 2011, 2005 UTC »
Anyone have one of these and your thoughts on this portable . I looked at  the reviews and not bad, also it has ssb  on it, which the grundig traveller g8 does not. I do believe the ssb should be on a sw radio for much communications is in ssb and many of the pirate stns are on ssb.
Any comments

DOCTOR :D

DOCTOR/WA7026SWL

INDIANA
RCVR...EATON S350DL, TESCUN PL600
ANTENNA...GRUNDIG INDOOR LOOP MW
WHIP, LONGWIRE...
ALINCO DX 70T/END FED WIRE

***PLEASE QSL***

Offline DOCTOR

• INDIANA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TESCUN PL 600
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 0128 UTC »
I bought the radio, and here a first hand look...

I have had the radio a few days now, and am impressed with its receive, although I have not tried FM which after going thru the bands I did have one fm station on the dial which was in stereo and very loud from Louisville, Ky...

The radio receives quiet well on SW bands, and comes with a clip on antenna and about 15 to 20 feet of insulated wire and a plug to plug into the radio, although I just used the telescope antenna picking up the religious save your life stations, loads of Mexican stations and VOA, I also swept down to the Ham frequencies on the morse code portion and tried out the ssb switch..worked great and very stable and nice copy<I do copy morse>. I went up to the 8mhz band and picked up some rtty and WLO sending its call in Morse along with AMTOR and fax info....very stable and nice reception.

On MW<AM BROADCAST>, it was easy to tune and many stations were coming in, but it said in the booklet no antenna needed for reception, just use the internal antenna, although I would prefer a plug for MW reception with an out of the radio antenna.
I did pick up Nashville, Lex., Ky., Little Rock, Ark, and many Mexican stations also..it was a winner for MW.

On LW<long wave>, no antenna used except for the internal antenna, and sitting inside the radio room I picked up a few beacons which surprised me at 35 to 40 miles. ***On LW you have to initiate that band buy punching in a code..no problem.

I will be hooking it up on the earphone plug to my laptop to see the decode of digital modes and rtty when I get time.

It is easy to get on the air for receive, and the instruction booklet is easy to understand.

It comes with a carrying case, ear phone, and shortwave antenna and rechargeable batteries, along with a charger, nicely constructed and didn't seem flimsy or cheap, all in all I would give it a 9<nothing is perfect>, I purchased the unit from AMAZON, shipping time 4 days retail price was $69 plus s/h, not a bad price, and of course it is made overseas..where else CHINA.

DOCTOR

DOCTOR/WA7026SWL

INDIANA
RCVR...EATON S350DL, TESCUN PL600
ANTENNA...GRUNDIG INDOOR LOOP MW
WHIP, LONGWIRE...
ALINCO DX 70T/END FED WIRE

***PLEASE QSL***

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns