We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: T shirt  (Read 2453 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
T shirt
« on: May 01, 2018, 1844 UTC »
My wife just got this t-shirt for one of our sons

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 2249 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: T shirt
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 2132 UTC »
I remember there was a T-shirt floating around the novelty shops back in the 1970's that said "Makin' Bacon", with a suggestive pic emblazoned across the back  ;D

The section of East Springfield I live in was a Pig Farm back in the early decades of the 1900's. I was chastised by a neighbor once who grew up on a farm, who told me it was more properly referred to as a "Gentleman's Farm"

What part of the Pig does "SPAM" come from?
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 1521 UTC »
I had the poster, Skip.

There was an old man I knew who was reputed to have killed his young wife and lover. He had a store near our farm. He was always threatening to feed me to the 50 or so hogs he raised.

A few years later a guy was trying to catch a ride along that stretch of road. He spotted something that looked like the top of a human skull. Damned if it wasn't what was left of the lover who'd been missing longer than I'd been alive. The old man had killed both his cheating wife and her lover and fed them to his hogs. As my Grandpa always told me, "Never f*#k with a man who raises hogs." They searched both his main hog pens and never found a trace of the wife. The old man was dead when the skull parts were found.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 1700 UTC »
This is also what happens to them revenooers.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 2036 UTC »
Pigmeat, you need 16 pigs to do the job right, hence the expression as greedy as a pig...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUynRdzzsM
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 2038 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 1805 UTC »
I was thinking what part of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is this?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 2126 UTC »
This is all fine and proper but lets get to the meat of the issue.....The primary ingredient in Spam is chopped pork shoulder meat mixed with ham. About 90% of Spam is pork from a pig's shoulders. The remaining 10% (or so) comes from the pig's buttock and thigh, better known as ham.  8)
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 2159 UTC »
Josh, It's from the other British Guy Richie movie "Snatch" with Brad Pitt as the Irish (boxer) Traveler.  Both movies have a similar cast of characters.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com