We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: YETI RADIO 6935 USB 0050 UTC 7 May 2018  (Read 2931 times)

Offline digitalmod

• Cherokee Foot Hills, SC
  • Freedom includes Radio Broadcasting
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: YETI RADIO 6935 USB 0050 UTC 7 May 2018
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 1457 UTC »
 8) Re: Tom, well, that's great because your DJ experience certainly adds to your qualifications.
 Its difficult to know how many folks we have here as broadcasters. Some run multi.
 It is interesting to receive one of those little ten watts Brit Bricks. Its ok, but 10 watts on 41 meters is safe from FCC and maybe safe from too many listeners.
What you have here are pros and people with table radios. Its a nice thing to have a cheap SDR.. I do.. and it lets you receive pretty high definition SSB, on the CHEAP!

Zeke
Radio is dying. We need to give it shelter

Offline n0loh

• Davenport, Iowa USA
  • Tom
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: YETI RADIO 6935 USB 0050 UTC 7 May 2018
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 2241 UTC »
Zeke,

Never owned an SDR, but I also do some listening via websdr.org. That Alinco hooked to the rain-gutter really has some pickup. Next time on I hope to hear Buggles "Video Killed the Radio Star" or maybe Pink Floyd "Lucifer Sam." I like all kinds of music and used to work at an AM country station, where the FM was an Eclectic Album Rock format. We had a 1000' tower and 100kw signal and a very diverse audience. Our station parties are a little blurry to me. LOL

Tom

73 DE N0LOH

The only reason some people should get close to a microphone is to lean forward and say, "Thank you! Your total is $5.82. Please drive around to the window."