We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Part #15 AM at Hamvention 2018? Looks like it!  (Read 1612 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Part #15 AM at Hamvention 2018? Looks like it!
« on: May 16, 2018, 1913 UTC »
Huh... Looks like Hamvention, the world's largest Hamfest, has a Part #15 AM station operating there. When you 1st goto this page,  http://hamvention.org/   you'll see, "Tune to 1620 AM for important Hamvention updates." COOL!!!!!
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Part #15 AM at Hamvention 2018? Looks like it!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 0008 UTC »
Do you think the shiny shoes from Laurel will be walking around the event w/ field strength meters and a citation pad in case they exceed 100 mW's?

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 0045 UTC »
Something to think about.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Just remembered this. Isn't there a TIS station on 1620kHz out that way? It might not be Part #15 after all. Either way, LPAM stuff to check out.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: Part #15 AM at Hamvention 2018? Here's the answer!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 1420 UTC »
Boomer FWR this to me,    http://www.arrl.org/news/hamvention-to-use-am-information-radio-station-to-communicate-with-inbound-traffic    A little late, but a neat TIS LPAM read.   THANKS!!!!!

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 1541 UTC »
Shame they moved the venue, people will never again experience the poop geyser or the arena seats sized for Americans with bmi of the 1950s. Hopefully, spiteful HAMs in hoverounds will still be rolling over people's feet to help keep the traditions alive.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 0801 UTC »
Shame they moved the venue, people will never again experience the poop geyser or the arena seats sized for Americans with bmi of the 1950s. Hopefully, spiteful HAMs in hoverounds will still be rolling over people's feet to help keep the traditions alive.

True, I miss the old place too.  I was there for Crapapocalypse 2012, and was also impressed by the mold growing on the ceiling tiles in the arena.

I was at the new venue last year, saw lots of ham-hoovers get stuck in the mud and have to be towed up the berm by staff with atv's.  They had to use tractors to pull some cars out of the infield parking area.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 1556 UTC »
Lol good times!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.