We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Carlisles's Manatee finances it's own research!  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Carlisles's Manatee finances it's own research!
« on: May 16, 2018, 2347 UTC »
We recorded some of her "songs" and Progressive Insurance is using one for some commercials. They wrote some words to make it saleable and hired some singers, but it's not bad stuff for an elderly manatee. She's getting nets of krill for it, Progressive isn't a bunch of pikers!

Al, with the extra infusion of cash we're looking for a tank cleaner. Are you interested? Flo sunbathes out there sometimes buddy, here's your chance.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Carlisles's Manatee finances it's own research!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 1753 UTC »
Lol imagine an Al sized plecostasmuch.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 0143 UTC »
Uh-oh! You misspelled "plestcostomus". Expect a lecture from the Great Penguin. He lives for such opportunities.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 1712 UTC »
Manatees are herbivores , I know this because I have a citation from FFWS for being in a sanctuary for endangered species , filed down at the Fed Courthouse in JAX.
A guy named Bird turned me in . I know this , because I saw his tour boat full of paying passengers shortly before weaponized agents of state turned up, and claimed people like me were the reason for the near extinction in reality caused by rich people's boat propellers.
 No longer friends with Bird, needless to say.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 1346 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 1918 UTC »
Bird is the word down that way.

I used to know the guy who owned "Gatorworld" over near St. Augustine. I should have went while the going was good. Now I'd probably have to pay to get in and wouldn't get to shoot the penned up surplus gators. You snooze, you lose.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 1205 UTC »
Al, Flo is sporting her teeny bikini and looking for someone to rub whale oil on her back. I told her I knew the guy who'd cornered the market on the stuff and he would be right over Get here quick, that sleazy Smilin' Bob has been circling the fence in his fancy race car.

Let me tell you, Flo's got some impressive torpedo's. She told me she gets them from the Army-Navy store.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 1603 UTC »
Don't forget the ambergris!