We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Relay Station 6880 AM 2152 UTC 26 May 2018  (Read 4764 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: The Relay Station 6880 AM 2152 UTC 26 May 2018
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 1649 UTC »
can you imagine if i did broadcast in SSB though ?

I would be interested in seeing how that comes in where I am.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline TheRelayStation

• 5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
    • View Profile
    • Live Streaming
    • Email
Re: The Relay Station 6880 AM 2152 UTC 26 May 2018
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 1657 UTC »
can you imagine if i did broadcast in SSB though ?

I would be interested in seeing how that comes in where I am.
i may consider it but id have to purchase a new transceiver, one that can be easily modified for at least 10Khz bandwidth for USB/LSB, preferably a "hybrid" one from the 80's/90's, theyre easier to modify and work on than the modern ones of today which are three layer based PCB's with surface mounted components making modifications near impossible, leaving the only option to adjust/modify through the service calibration menu which is often limited in adjustment ranges.
the secondary issue with SSB transmission is many SDR software used for receiving, their filters for low audio frequency is usually cut off at 200Hz and for high frequency, it cant be adjusted more than 4Khz, so transmitting hi-fidelity audio on SSB is only realized if the user is using software that permits an adjustable filter beyond the common restricted limits imposed on most SDR software for SSB.
the current transceiver i use though it is SSB capable, is modified for AM use only and wont work properly for SSB, im an AM guy anyway ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 1700 UTC by TheRelayStation »
5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
shortwavepirate@aol.com
https://vaughn.live/cabletv