We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KFC to sell meatless chicken!  (Read 1742 times)

Fansome

KFC to sell meatless chicken!
« on: June 07, 2018, 0202 UTC »
I'm sure this will rank right up there with their Chicken McBeaks.

KFC creating vegetarian version of its fried chicken in U.K.

Colonel Sanders may be rolling over in his grave. Nearly four decades after the death of the man who founded the Kentucky Fried Chicken fast-food chain, KFC is devising a fake meat version with the colonel's tightly held original recipe of 11 herbs and spices.

The menu move comes as KFC's U.K. restaurants seek to adhere to new British government guidelines that advise overweight adults to eat just 400 calories at breakfast and then 600 more at lunch and again at dinner.

KFC U.K. told the Daily Mirror that it intends to cut the chain's per serving calorie counts by 20 percent by 2025, a year behind what the country's health service is proposing. A menu update later this year will include a reinvented veggie version of Col. Harland Sanders' fried chicken, the company told the British tabloid.
Other media reports suggested the faux bird food won't come to KFC in the U.K. until 2019.

"It's a tricky challenge, because our fans absolutely love our Original Recipe chicken, and we won't be changing the Colonel's secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices," Victoria Robertson, the head of food innovation for KFC U.K. and Ireland, told the Mirror.

The chicken run coincides with other attempts to bring meatless items to fast-food menus.

McDonald's last year added a soybean-based McVegan burger in Sweden and Finland, and also sells its Vegetable Deluxe burger in the U.K. Another chain, Pizza Hut, sells vegan pies at all of its stores in the U.K. (Pizza Hut, like KFC, is part of the publicly traded parent company Yum Brands.)

White Castle
In April, White Castle introduced a plant-based burger, the product of an alliance with a startup called Impossible Foods, at 140 locations in New York, New Jersey and Illinois.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: KFC to sell meatless chicken!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 0358 UTC »
Well, at least it's not made from recycled poo steak like the scientists in Japan created. Also, the colonel was embalmed in 11 different herbs and spices.
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/06/17/japanese-scientists-create-meat-from-poop.html
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 0415 UTC »
Only on Fox.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 0627 UTC »
Only on Fox.

LOL!

I went to the original KFC in Corbin, KY. when I was a kid. The Col. was out of town but I ate enough chicken there that instead of burping, I clucked.

My wife, a near lifelong vegetarian, likes the Burger King veggie burger a lot. Their burgers are passable road food for me, but we both agree their fries suck.

Good to see you up and about after that minor bout of penguinitis, Al.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 1559 UTC »
Not even a single guffaw from this crowd on my 11 different herbs and spices spiel.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 1646 UTC »

Died      December 16, 1980 (age 90)

He's dust now.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 1943 UTC »
A straw that imitates a bone.... what will KFC think of next....http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=11028&catId=1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 1948 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Fansome

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 1604 UTC »
I finally had to undergo a penguinectomy, and you know how painful that can be. Especially when they use "the corkscrew".

Only on Fox.

LOL!

I went to the original KFC in Corbin, KY. when I was a kid. The Col. was out of town but I ate enough chicken there that instead of burping, I clucked.

My wife, a near lifelong vegetarian, likes the Burger King veggie burger a lot. Their burgers are passable road food for me, but we both agree their fries suck.

Good to see you up and about after that minor bout of penguinitis, Al.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 1230 UTC »
I finally had to undergo a penguinectomy, and you know how painful that can be. Especially when they use "the corkscrew

Did they take it out via the normal orifice or one of the others?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 2021 UTC »
Hmmm.

Colonel Fansome's Kentucky Fried Penguin has a nice ring to it.