We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 2nd June HiFER report  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
2nd June HiFER report
« on: June 08, 2018, 1842 UTC »
I found time to switch on and listen for a while on 2nd June (Around 030 UTC) and was rewarded with quite good conditions. Observations were aided by the use of Spectrum Lab.

In the higher portion of the band, EPA provided a strong trace, along with a hint of BUH (or perhaps BUZ) Both are new to the log here. A trace corresponded to RF, another to KC7MMI, and GNK appeared for a while.

Lower down, I Caught PBJ, TON and a hint of trace from a possible PLM.

Below this, EH was plainly audible, and an easy trace to read. Neighbor SIW was visible below, and USC above.

Quite the best conditions we have had here for some time.

Ed

Offline FFZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2nd June HiFER report
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 0739 UTC »
This is interesting considering I took down my KC7MMI beacon at least 2 years ago.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 1701 UTC »
Lol a pirate beacon!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 2157 UTC »
Interesting indeed FFZ. I'll often make a note of traces seen at known beacon frequencies, but I don't count these as definative loggings without a positive ID (or enough fragments over several repeats from which an ID can be assembled).

Regards,

Ed

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns