We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FCC enforcement website  (Read 1528 times)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
FCC enforcement website
« on: June 12, 2018, 1942 UTC »
The FCC enforcement website has changed. I had not checked it in a couple of weeks.
Looks like they are focused on pirate radio now. I did not spend much there yet.
Just thought I'd let you know.

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FCC enforcement website
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 2256 UTC »
God they really screwed up viewing what happened recently.  You can stop loading the page after a tenth of a second or two and still see what happened recently before it switches view. 

https://transition.fcc.gov/eb/rfo/ActAct.html

If you are too slow you get the dumbed down tonka toy view but you can zoom in on a map and see enforcement items.  That is the only improvement.

Offline Azimuth Coordinator

• Listen for Us on 4185 Khz or 5185 Khz
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 2314 UTC »
Seems like most all of the Pirate activity is center in the 13 original states... Coincidence.... I wonder  ;)
QTH: A Clandestine location on the East Coast
Watkins Johnson WJ-8716, WJ-8718A, WJ-8618B
Radio.Illuminati6150@Gmail.com

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 1733 UTC »
One of them is against some poor guy at a hot dog joint - Rand Redhots in Des Plaines, IL - drive thru guy operating without authority.
Geeze - aren't there bigger & more important things that need addressing.....?
Two with mustard, onions & fries please,
FPE
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 2311 UTC »
One of them is against some poor guy at a hot dog joint - Rand Redhots in Des Plaines, IL - drive thru guy operating without authority.
Geeze - aren't there bigger & more important things that need addressing.....?
Two with mustard, onions & fries please,
FPE

Thank God drive-in movie theaters are nearly extinct.  FCC agents would be wearing the wheels off their wagons to shut down those scofflaws for "accidentally" running nearly a half watt of AM.

When the kid was a baby we lived near a Wendy's and Taco Bell. Their order headsets and boards operated in the same range as our baby monitor. I think I still know the menu items from those places in that era.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 1702 UTC »
Oh the fun we had with prc10s when baby mons as well as cordless fones ran on 6m.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.