We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: New alternative to Youtube to launch 7/4/2018 by Mike Adams!  (Read 3972 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Yep, I've already signed up for my channel. It's going to be called Real Video. Grab your channel now!   https://real.video/    I'm not suggesting that Youtube's days are numbered, but it's always nice to know that there's another games in town to check out. Launch day for this service is suppose to be this July 4th, 2018. Check it out!!!!!!! I've asked if they have any PSA's, or any other radio promotional, for air. If so, I'll add the link.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: New alternative to Youtube to launch 7/4/2018 by Mike Adams!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 1703 UTC »
Well, after I requested my Real Video channel, here's the, (What appears to be generic.), response back:

"Hi, this is the REAL.video support team. I've been assigned as your manager to help you get started with your video channel. Your request for a content channel has been approved and you'll be able to start uploading videos soon.

REAL.video is not yet active, but coming up in the second half of June, I will send you a link where you can request your username and start uploading your videos to your new channel. There, you can also manage your videos, including editing video titles or deleting your videos.

In July, when REAL.video goes live, your video channel will be active, and the public will be able to view your videos. You will also be able to embed your videos, share your videos, link to them, etc.

We have many exciting projects under way to help promote you and your channel, including video contests, editorial coverage of new video channels and the embedding of your videos in our news articles that are currently syndicated to over 300 websites. My job is to help you get maximum exposure on REAL.video and maximize your audience.

Please also reply with the best way for me to contact you. If you prefer to be reached via Skype, or phone SMS, or other means, let me know. You may also reply with any questions you might have right now.

Also, if you know of others who may benefit from using real.video, please share the word. We already have over 20,000 requests for content channels, and we have room for many more. Ultimately, real.video will be the new standard for online videos that aren't censored by evil tech giants.

TIPS:

Until your channel is active, here are some tips on what you can do to get ready:

1) Save all your current video files so that you have them ready to upload when your account is active.

2) Think about your desired username / channel name. Because REAL.video is new, almost every imaginable username is currently available. By joining us early, you can take advantage of this to reserve highly desirable account names. (You may not, of course, spoof the names of other famous people or organizations, and we have a process for handling username appeals.)

3) Consider the benefits of being able to speak without censorship. REAL.video does not censor your speech like YouTube, Facebook, Google or Twitter. Within reason, with very few limits, you can say almost anything you want. You no longer have to self-censor your videos like you've had to do with YouTube.

Over all, welcome to real.video. We look forward to launching your video channel and helping you achieve an ever-expanding audience on the internet's newest platform that respects your freedom to speak.

See answers to common questions here:

https://support.real.video/FAQ.html

Got a support question or suggestion? Submit a support question to our team at http://support.real.video.

Thank you,
- Real.video account management team"

Anyway, this is what you'll see before the July 4th launch from Real Video, so I'd thought I'd share that. Has anyone heard an interview with Mike Adams about this?
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline TheRelayStation

• 5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
    • View Profile
    • Live Streaming
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 1938 UTC »
this may be or may not be a legitimate video service that they are offering but ill see how it goes with you first since i dont really trust a website that has no "about" information concerning itself, no business name listed and no contact information including a domain name registered through godaddy with all registrant information "redacted for privacy" when looking up a WHOIS report on it and the fact that they are using CloudFare as a reverse proxy (Reverse proxies can hide the existence and characteristics of an origin server or servers.)
the only reason that i can conclude for the above aforementioned, is an attempt to avoid copyright/illegal content take-downs.
in order to gain more information, you have to submit a channel request then you receive a "response" i assume through email that directs you to > (https://realvideo.zendesk.com) which is outside of the original domain itself (http://real.video)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 1942 UTC by TheRelayStation »
5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
shortwavepirate@aol.com
https://vaughn.live/cabletv

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 1438 UTC »
Ahh cloudflare. Why not pay someone to pass all your traffic through a single point of failure, mim attacks, or censure?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 1551 UTC »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... You guys bring up some interesting points. At least, ones that I have not considered. The next time I hear Mike Adams on the Alex Jones Show, I should try calling in and drill him on these concerns. (Hey Mike!!! By any chance are you reading these?)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 1705 UTC »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... You guys bring up some interesting points. At least, ones that I have not considered. The next time I hear Mike Adams on the Alex Jones Show, I should try calling in and drill him on these concerns. (Hey Mike!!! By any chance are you reading these?)

I wondered where I heard the name Mike Adams before, thanks for reminding me, I heard him on The Bill Hicks Show aka disinfowars.

https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/alex-jones-is-bill-hicks/
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Mike Adams? Who' he? The Health Ranger,     http://www.healthranger.com/Health-Ranger-Biography.html     And yes, he has been on Alex Jones Show before, as well as other various talk shows. He's not the only one. I liked that dude they had on Saturday evenings on Berkeley Liberation Radio. A straight to the point, no non-sense dude, that told it like it is about the USA poisons we ingest. Too bad he isn't on any more.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
I've shared the HFU link of your concerns to Real Video. And, here's the RSVP:

"Jul 2, 09:49 CST
Hi Tha Dood,

Thank you for sharing the link to us.  We did expect all kinds of comments from people and hesitations to join the platform and we respect that.  We cannot force everyone to believe and follow up right away. 

The site was built from scratch and needs a lot of improvements. Some decision to use third party providers is because of cost and efficiency.  The idea to create a new video sharing platform came to Mike just last March of this year, therefore, a lot of things are needed to be done right away since there is a target launch date.

Zendesk is a third party ticketing system and is used so we can  easily communicate with creators and other site visitors that may have  concerns or inquiries with the site.  Zendesk is widely used by other companies (big and small) because it provides features that a support and other  customer service people needed.

Thank you,
Glenn Burton"

Me? I look at it this way, they are certainly starting a service that sounds appealing, but they certainly can't rush it, and have to dot all the I's and cross the T's. So, give 'em your concerns. From the sounds of it, they could use the help and advice. Just my $0.02 worth. THANKS!!!!!!!

Offline Rob.

• View Profile
    • N1NTE KiwiSDR online
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 1712 UTC »
Zendesk is legit... Probably half the companies I deal with at work use that company for help desk and support tickets.
- Rob

CT/MA border
Email: n1nte.rob@gmail.com
KiwiSDR (x4) online - http://sigmasdr.ddns.net:8073/
ΣSDR Blog - https://n1nte.blogspot.com/

Offline TheRelayStation

• 5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
    • View Profile
    • Live Streaming
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 1742 UTC »
that still doesnt explain why they need to hide behind a "black curtain" though.
5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
shortwavepirate@aol.com
https://vaughn.live/cabletv

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 1851 UTC »
I wonder if it's the same Mike Adams Pat Murphy was convinced was the evil Radio Bob at the turn of the century? That Mike Adams was an A&R man in Atlanta. Pat was obsessed with Adams for about a year. Pat used to annoy me to death with phone calls wondering if Adams was Bob.

"Mike" as a given name or nickname for guys born in the 50's and 60's was about as common as dirt. Add in the fact that "Adams" is right up there with "Smith" as a surname, the chase after Mike Adams was a bizarre one to watch.

The Atlanta Mike Adams turned out to be Bob's BIL. Close, but no seegar once again.

If it's the same guy, he might be operating in in the dark to avoid the anger of fearsome Rascal Scooter M.C. Pat has formed around himself? You don't want to be living within battery range of them.