We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Keto Krate  (Read 1400 times)

Fansome

Keto Krate
« on: July 07, 2018, 1444 UTC »
The GF just signed us up for a service called "Keto Krate" (www.ketokrate.com). Once a month the company delivers to you a "krate" (actually a smallish cardboard box) containing a dozen or so small packages of keto-friendly snacks.

The first one came today; it contained items such as beef jerkey, meat sticks similar to Slim Jims, soft drink mix, snack "pastes", meringues, cookies, cheese crackers, and so on, all of which appear to be low-carb. I've tried one of the pastes, and the meringues.

The paste was similar to a thick chocolate syrup which you squeeze into your mouth from a small envelope. It was made with several different forms of chocolate, ground nuts, and a few other ingredients. It had a strange, bitter flavor which I didn't care for.

The meringues were very good; I couldn't tell them from the real thing. Unfortunately, they were sweetened with isomalt, and sugar alcohols do bad things to my digestive tract.

The GF tried the jerky/meat sticks, which she liked.

I expect that we won't be subscribed for too long; luckily you can stop at any time with no penalty. I thought it was worth the try we gave it, and maybe soon one of the snacks will stand out enough that we will order it on its own from another, cheaper source..

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Keto Krate
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 1448 UTC »
I had to hunt around their site to find the price, $35/mo. A bit steep, but perhaps a way to get introduced to some new products?

My wife orders a lot of low carb products from http://netrition.com including some snacks. Might want to check them out as well.

We've shifted our intermittent fasting window to eating between roughly 9 am to 3 pm, which means breakfast is back! So our egg consumption has returned to previous levels, we go through about a dozen a day now. Plus back to all the tasty breakfast pork products: bacon, ham, sausage, pork roll.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 1451 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree