We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: M08a off the air?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
M08a off the air?
« on: July 10, 2018, 2301 UTC »
Hello all.
I am on 8136 LSB on the Florida globaltuners SDR, and right now i don't hear anything. Maybe transmitter problems?
All the best Chris.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: M08a off the air?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 0447 UTC »
I'm not sure how often you copy M08a, but it's never been an every day station for me. In fact I almost never hear it at all. I'm given to understanding that it's irregular, but I'm not sure if it's really infrequent or if that's just my bad luck. But it's not listed at all in the latest Numbers and Oddities newsletter, which must mean that none of its regular contributors heard anything in June.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: M08a off the air?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 1513 UTC »
I'm not sure how often you copy M08a, but it's never been an every day station for me. In fact I almost never hear it at all. I'm given to understanding that it's irregular, but I'm not sure if it's really infrequent or if that's just my bad luck. But it's not listed at all in the latest Numbers and Oddities newsletter, which must mean that none of its regular contributors heard anything in June.

I copy M08a whenever I have a chance, so like you said its irregular.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com