We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FLDIGI w/HDSDR Controlled by a Yaesu-FT-950  (Read 975 times)

Offline ultravista

• View Profile
    • Email
FLDIGI w/HDSDR Controlled by a Yaesu-FT-950
« on: July 12, 2018, 2040 UTC »
I control HDSDR with a Yeasu-FT-950 via an RSP2 and OminiRIG. All is good here ...

I would like to use FLDIGI to decode digital modes. For reasons unknown, I cannot get anything into FLDIGI.

Nothing appears in the FLDIGI waterfall and the output screen is just a string of gibberish characters. The gibberish characters appear with and without the radio on.

Since the rig is controlled by OmniRIG, I cannot get rig control to work within FLDIGI. Not that big of a deal.

I would like FLDIGI to 'listen' in the background and decode what is hears. With that said, how the heck can I get this to work?

Using the machines microphone, and configured in FLDIGI, doesn't seem to do anything. I must me missing something and it is driving me nuts.