We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Microwave Bacon  (Read 2116 times)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
Microwave Bacon
« on: July 25, 2018, 0354 UTC »
Microwave Bacon

Ingredients: Bacon

Directions: Microwave

Tips: Get someone else to clean up the mess

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 0357 UTC by JimIO »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Microwave Bacon
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 0530 UTC »
It wasn't until I reached college that I first encountered the magic box that cooked bacon.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 1521 UTC »
It works well if you only need a piece or two (microwave between paper towels). For an entire package, I prefer to pan fry, as the bacon grease can be saved and used when cooking other things. It's too valuable a resource to throw away  ;D
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 0011 UTC »
It works well if you only need a piece or two (microwave between paper towels). For an entire package, I prefer to pan fry, as the bacon grease can be saved and used when cooking other things. It's too valuable a resource to throw away  ;D

I usually reserve mine but end up using only a tbsp or two before discarding. I can send you some, with optional cat spittle if she gets at it behind my back.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 0025 UTC »
I prefer to put it all on a cookie sheet and bake it around 425. Put some parchment+aluminum foil liner on it and trivial to clean up.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 1813 UTC »
The traditional method to nuke bacon is to wrap with foil and place your most important music or data cd's or dvd's on top and bottom of the foiled goodness.
You might not get any cooking done but the light show is spectacular.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 2228 UTC »
The traditional method to nuke bacon is to wrap with foil and place your most important music or data cd's or dvd's on top and bottom of the foiled goodness.
You might not get any cooking done but the light show is spectacular.

Have you tried that while watching The Wizard of Oz with all the lights out, playing Dark Side of the Moon along with it?
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns