We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Northern Relay Service 6930 AM  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Northern Relay Service 6930 AM
« on: March 23, 2011, 0205 UTC »
3/23/11
6930 AM (closer to 6930.3)
0204z: Just a carrier here at home, but fair signal peaks with fluttering fades via a remote tuner on the left coast.  Northern Relay Service ID's, choppy fades making it tough to copy much else.
0207z: "...certain people in the pirate radio community... FRN... names, addresses..."*, some commentary but tough copy due to choppy fades on this remote.
0210z: CW (IDs?), "...transmission of the Northern Relay Service..."
0211z: "...this is paranoia..." voice over eerie music background
0213z: "...free thinking people... freedom on the air... lives of people out there... convenient... code of conduct... express permission of the stockholders... they will fall victim... couldn't get a better tower...", commentary continuing over background music
0219z: "This is a show dedicated to extracting the truth...", song and Bugs Bunny "What's up, doc?"
0223z: Something about Commander Bunny, obscured by choppy fades.  Come to think of it, this announcer kinda sounds like Elmer Fudd.   ;D
0234z: Black Sabbath "Paranoid"
0240z: Odd mix of Commander Bunny voice and Pixies song "Monkey Gone To Heaven"
0242z: Sounds like Commander Bunny voice saying "When the pirates feel they can threaten and cause problems for the pirates... when the pirates feel they can threaten and cause problems for the listeners... exciting pirate broadcasting... if you want to find a way to drive the listeners away... Commander Bunny...wanted to have gay pirate radio..."  Choppy fades making it difficult to copy entire commentary.  Dunno, I just log 'em as I hear 'em.

*Note: I heard through the grapevine that someone misinterpreted part of my log, which reads "...certain people in the pirate radio community... FRN... names, addresses..."  Apparently someone misinterpreted this to mean that this NRS program was revealing names and addresses of people over the air.  This is incorrect.  I heard no names or addresses given out over the air.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 0042 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Zane

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • hearing the negative waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Northern Relay Service 6930 AM
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 0215 UTC »
Assuming this is Northern Relay Service since I'm hearing some music and voice just above the noise on 6930.3am. 3-23-11, SINPO 23331. Lots of noise from static crashes and whatever digital mess has invaded 6925. ID is coming from NRS being sent in CW several times around 0206z

Zane
Chicagoland
Palstar R30CC / Sherwood SE-3 MK IV / pa0rdt Mini-Whip / Gone Long Engineering remote resonant loop / Fansome approved

QSL to zaneradio@comcast.net

Offline sat_dxer

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Relay Service 6930 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 0238 UTC »
CW Id @ 0235UT abt S-5 w/some fading

fade out w/cw ID @0247, nothing heard since.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 0251 UTC by sat_dxer »
Most times & frequencies posted are only an approximation.