We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Panaxis FME 500 issue  (Read 13856 times)

Offline N2NXZ

• View Profile
Re: Panaxis FME 500 issue
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2019, 1355 UTC »
Amazing...emailed the Panaxis people and to my surprise,said he had just ONE original DS8907N PLL chip left from this kit.
Of course I bought it !!
When it arrived,plopped it in carefully,powered up and NOPE...still same thing...no locking.
Not being a professional having all the fancy test gear,it is much easier for me to just pull components and replace.
So far...replaced a bunch,cleaned and tested all there is on this thing.
Now...going to pull some common diodes and a 3904 transistor and just replace those too.
Soon,will be replacing all ceramic caps and chokes if I have to.
Pure insanity...but now a quest.
Jim

Offline TheRelayStation

• 5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
    • View Profile
    • Live Streaming
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 1451 UTC »
Amazing...emailed the Panaxis people and to my surprise,said he had just ONE original DS8907N PLL chip left from this kit.
Of course I bought it !!
When it arrived,plopped it in carefully,powered up and NOPE...still same thing...no locking.
Not being a professional having all the fancy test gear,it is much easier for me to just pull components and replace.
So far...replaced a bunch,cleaned and tested all there is on this thing.
Now...going to pull some common diodes and a 3904 transistor and just replace those too.
Soon,will be replacing all ceramic caps and chokes if I have to.
Pure insanity...but now a quest.
Jim
im sure i shouldnt have to say this, but keep all of the old parts that you have replaced in case you need them in the future  :)
5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
shortwavepirate@aol.com
https://vaughn.live/cabletv

Offline N2NXZ

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 1803 UTC »
All old parts saved...gonna set this aside for now as I have other priorities to finish up with.
Sometimes working on something too long makes it worse.
I removed the DIP switch and realized I had not replaced it but only removed, cleaned and tested.
No change.
Going to walk away from it awhile.