We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Fess Parker Radio eQSL  (Read 1589 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Fess Parker Radio eQSL
« on: August 09, 2018, 2311 UTC »
Thank you very much for QSL #1

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline aurora

• DX Legend
  • Pittsburgh, PA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fess Parker Radio eQSL
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 2213 UTC »
I received mine too - Thanks for #3!
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: aurora6925 (at) mail.com
Icom 756Pro3 rig & 133 ft Carolina-Windom ant
Pittsburgh PA

Offline PirateSWL

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 2310 UTC »
I received #2, thank you so much !
Brian D. - PirateSWL
Pirate Radio Shortwave Enthusiast from NY
RX: ICOM 7300 / 40m dipole
Not embarrassed to admit I often use Shazam ; )
eQSL greatly appreciated to PirateSWL@aol.com

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 0533 UTC »
Cracker Barrel still sells coonskin caps so you guys can be properly attired for "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" sing-alongs. Ol' Fess didn't even have to change clothes for his role as "Daniel Boone" in the 60's.

Davy Crockett was roughly 5'4". Fess and John Wayne who played him in the movies were in the 6'5" range. Quite a stretch, literally.

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 1033 UTC »
https://www.fessparker.com/

I used to live a few miles north of here, and his wines were readily available in the local markets. It was pretty good, although a bit pricey. It's beatiful country, too, not far from Neverland.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 1127 UTC »
Now Al, you know Fess Parker only drinks corn squeezins. Wine is for sissies and bums.

Now that I think about it, California is overrun with both. Fess is just making money off of them. Dollars to donuts the still is around back.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 1656 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 0203 UTC »
I knew a guy who was in the Army when they were testing those things. He talked about he and his buddies being trucked out to desert test sites, given heavy duty googles, and herded into slit trenches to test the effects on troops from the firing position. He said the exposed areas of their skin got a bad "atomic sunburn". He was ate up with cancer from his mid 40's on and died in his early 50's.

I miss him, he was hoot. He had bear's head he kept in his freezer.  He would ask first time visitors, "Wanna go see the bahr?" The reaction of those drunkards and stoners when he opened the freezer was always the same, "Gawddamn! It's a f'in bear!"

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 0455 UTC »
Yeah, the prompt rads from being that close to one of those things can't be good for ya. I read an account by a guy who was at one of the tests. They were lined up several guys deep at a survival range away from the device and when they lit that thing off he could see into his arm through uniform and skin and see his muscles and the blood flowing through his veins, he was so shocked he dropped his arm from in front of his eyes and he saw inside the guy standing in front of him. Freaky stuff. I'm gonna get me a coon skin cap to wear this winter, the William Henry Harrison House carries them so I don't need no stinkin amazon or ebay.

http://www.grouselandfoundation.org/
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns