We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Exterior de Espaņa, 15520 kHz, 10 AUG 2018, 1758 UTC  (Read 472 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
REE is up on 15520 just ahead of their official sign on time of 1800 UTC. There is no interval. I've noticed in the past week or so that they've had no interval signal or announcement of broadcast times and frequencies lately. These are ordinarily heard 1755-1800 (start of transmission) and 2200-2205 (end). Instead it has just been unmodulated carrier.

Signal is fair today. Here in Colorado, I usually get this frequency well at first, but 17855 gets better as the afternoon progresses. (Mountain time is UTC -6 during DST.) Currently I see no transmission at all on 17855.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail