We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Important information from mods.dk  (Read 2076 times)

Fansome

Important information from mods.dk
« on: August 12, 2018, 1334 UTC »

Important information from mods.dk
web@mods.dk
Fri 8/10, 7:45 PMYou
Dear Al Fansome

You received this message because you have created an account on mods.dk, and this mail have important information about your account on mods.dk. This mail is send to e-mail address al_fansome@hotmail.com.

For about 2½ year ago a hacker have success to upload a script and execute the script.

It look like the hacker has got a copy of the database and then he have access to all e-mails address, but the password cannot been seen direct, since it is encrypted and it is only the encrypted string that are saved. But he can try to test by entering a password with the same encryption methods and then compare the encrypted strings, and if you are the same then he must have success.

After the bug was discovered then I have fix the bug, so now it is only possible to upload known files type e.g. JPG, PDF and TXT.

About payment information mods.dk does not have any of these information since paypal.com handle this, I only have a transaction no that refer to a payment.

I have in the last period got e-mail from users where they said that they have been contacted by an unknown person that want money if they not should spread the password and other information over the internet. You should ignore this message and delete it.

Then I will recommend you to change your password as soon you can to a new password by go to https://www.mods.dk and then click “my account”. Note you should be login before you can change the password. If you instead want to delete your account then go to https://www.mods.dk/member.php?action=44.

I’m sorry for this trouble but I hope you still want to support my site, this site is only a hobby project just like my amateur radio, and my resourced are limited.

Best regards
Erik Hansen
https://www.mods.dk

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Important information from mods.dk
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 0203 UTC »
Thanks, Al, it's good to see you being helpful for once.

And I figured you'd be at the BlackHat Con. complaining about the wireless service? Did they bring in strings and Dixie Cups this year?

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 0215 UTC »
You're welcome. And I'm at DEFCON, not Black Hat. Your old buddy Captain Crunch says hi, and he misses you.

And I figured you'd be at the BlackHat Con. complaining about the wireless service? Did they bring in strings and Dixie Cups this year?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 0247 UTC »
How's his new walker?

Have you seen Matthew Broderick? Watch him, he cheats at "Risk". And no, you can't conjure up a young Kelly LeBrock with a Commodore 64 no matter what Anthony Michael Hall tells you.

Behave yourself and don't forget your teeth when you head home.

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 0423 UTC »
Actually, the Captain was banned from the premises this year, something that the DEFCON management didn't want to do. He's apparently something of a god to the younger hacker crowd, but his behavior had gotten so bad that they had no choice; it was probably fear of lawsuits that drove them to it.

How's his new walker?

Have you seen Matthew Broderick? Watch him, he cheats at "Risk". And no, you can't conjure up a young Kelly LeBrock with a Commodore 64 no matter what Anthony Michael Hall tells you.

Behave yourself and don't forget your teeth when you head home.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 0850 UTC »
You're welcome. And I'm at DEFCON, not Black Hat. Your old buddy Captain Crunch says hi, and he misses you.

:::SNORT::::

LMAO

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns