We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Stretchyman 50W Tx  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
Stretchyman 50W Tx
« on: August 25, 2018, 1712 UTC »
OK, very nearly there. REALLY wanted to get this product released as it's about as far as you can go with a small single ended design.

Had run into quite a few unforseen issues but all resolved and working well.

So......

With 24V @ 2A3 power O/P (carrier) is 50W so around 90% efficient, peak power just shy of 200W!

Will need 24V@5A

Will happily run from 12V (4A) with 1/4 power.

Was going to make it 'tunable' but altho' it can tune I've decided it's too complicated to implement and far simpler (and cheaper) to program a single channel.

Really very simple, just connect programmer to pin header on PCB, load file into AVRDUDESS and press program, Done!

The programming SW is free and I can supply the programmer and files at a minimal cost (you'll ONLY need these if you want to change the frequency). It will, of course, come prog'd on ANY frequency of your choice.

Max Freq is around 12MHz and have a little more work to do if you want one on any frequency outside the 'usual' 6-7MHz range but I already have some interest and am working on design new filters etc.

Please mail me direct if you're interested.

stretchyman2kATgooglemailDOTcom.

Cheers.

Str.

'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
Re: Stretchyman 50W Tx
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 1809 UTC »
The new TX sounds interesting but I'm replying about AVRDUDESS. Never heard of it but I do know about Arduino IDE. So I did some looking around. Turns out Avrdude 6.2 is already on the Linux distro I'm using. For others reading this AVRDUDESS is a GUI for Avrdude. Thanks for the tip Mr. Str!

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
Re: Stretchyman 50W Tx
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 1740 UTC »
Yes!

Makes programming a simple point and click affair!

I'll provide precompiled code for any frequency.

Str.
'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns