We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 2011 Pirate Radio Annual update  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
2011 Pirate Radio Annual update
« on: April 04, 2011, 1302 UTC »
Hi, just wanted to let you know that the 2011 PRA is close to being sent to the printer. I just finished the CD last night and have been checking copies to be sure that everything is burning OK. I’ve got a couple of European station entries to finish, I need to edit and/or rewrite the front matter, add some cross references, change the spine size, and fix all of the folios…then it should be ready to go. My guess is that it will go to the printer this week (hopefully in the next two or three days?).

This year’s edition has a couple of “articles” in the front, 161 North American station entries, and 12 or 13 European station entries. It will have the same specs as last year (paperback, 5.5” x 8.5” trim, color gloss cover), but it should be 180 pages (or possibly two or so more)

I’ll give ordering info when I send it to the printer (I’d rather know that it’s gone, rather than have orders come in and then have unexpected delays, like s computer crash or something). I think cost will be $16 + $2.50 shipping to the U.S., but I’ll verify that later.

Thanks for everyone’s help!
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline corq

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 6176320
    • AOL Instant Messenger - uncorq
    • View Profile
    • corq dot co
Re: 2011 Pirate Radio Annual update
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 1926 UTC »
Looking forward to it! Thanks for the update.
Icom IC-705/AirSpyHF+ Discovery via GR5V
QTH: KMCO
plz qsl: corqpub ~at~ gmail.com
Captures posted to: http://youtube.com/uncorq
Kicks, Screams and Other Heresies: http://corq.co

Offline aurora

• DX Legend
  • Pittsburgh, PA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 0123 UTC »
The 2010 edition was the first one I purchased and I love it. It's the best reference book available. I can't wait to see what you put together for 2011.
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: aurora6925 (at) mail.com
Icom 756Pro3 rig & 133 ft Carolina-Windom ant
Pittsburgh PA

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 0602 UTC »
Looking forward to it!  I procrastinated last year and never got around to requesting a copy.  Definitely do want this year's guide.  Andrew deserves at least partial credit/blame for getting me into this hobby.  I read one of his books during the early 1990s and tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to hear shortwave pirates.  After I moved in 2007 I found that book again in a box, read it, checked online for the currently active frequencies, dug my receivers out of the closet and heard Sycko Radio and Wolverine Radio the first weekend I tried.  I've been deliriously tumbling downhill ever since.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)