We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FS: Capehart and Imperial R390As, Collins R388  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
FS: Capehart and Imperial R390As, Collins R388
« on: September 07, 2018, 2103 UTC »
Capehart unit has bad caps and resistors replaced, new tubes, and runs great. IF filters are within a dB of each other on any given signal centered in a respective filter's passband. Has a mix of modules. Has the antenna connectors replaced with BNC connectors. $650

Imperial unit needs non - marring clamps replaced and/or other restoration work but is otherwise intact, has weak receive due to slipping tuning mechanisms. Imperial unit is unusual because it has Imperial modules, not a mix of modules as most every other 390A is going to have. IF filters are within a dB of each other on any given signal centered in a respective filter's passband. Unit is otherwise original ie needs restoration. $450

Collins R388, has top and bottom covers, runs good, printed bound manual. Unit is in original condition. $450

All are clean and straight with working meters. I will not ship save for via a shipper that will box it up and insure it at the buyers expense as well as handle all insurance claims. Will hand deliver within 300 miles of Terre Haute/Evansville Indiana region. Will trade for Icom Pro2, Pro3, or IC7300. Conveniently located in Vincennes Indiana region. Pm me for pix or details.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: FS: Capehart and Imperial R390As, Collins R388
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 2143 UTC »
I didn't know Capehart once made radios? They're into everything. There's an old mansion at the end of block that belonged to a branch of that family that looks like fairy-tale castle. It's a monster, and that's after about a third of was lost in a fire decades ago.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: FS: Capehart and Imperial R390As, Collins R388
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 2308 UTC »
Capehart made big consoles during the console radio days, but forayed into the mic (military industrial complex) with two contracts for R390As. I assume they also went mic during ww2 just like everyone else.

Here's a bad boy in action;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6_KbkeMqQ
not mine
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.