We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: CalTech discovers Planet X!  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
CalTech discovers Planet X!
« on: October 03, 2018, 1952 UTC »
Is their anything these God-like human beings can't do? I saw a blurb on LiveScience, but the full article is supposed to be in Scientific American. Damned if I can find the link, so good luck looking for home, Al.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: CalTech discovers Planet X!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 1928 UTC »
I haven't seen our resident CalTech man. You don't think JPL sent him to check Planet X out? At least he speaks the language.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 1948 UTC »
The Chinese are calling it Planet Xi and are already dredging up space sand to make it large enough to dock space cruisers and a contingent of space marines.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 2301 UTC »
"...you are about to move into areas of the galaxy containing wonders more incredible than you can possibly imagine, and terrors to freeze your soul."
"The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. It's now time to see if you can dance.
"... if I were you, I'd start back now."
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 2320 UTC »
Thanks Skeezix!

It's speculated that giant penguin like creatures swim in the denser inner regions of the gas giants. Al should try to get some photo's of the beasts when he goes by.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 0217 UTC »
Planet X (or should that be Planet IX?), aka Nibiru has been threatening us for some time. For quite a while now, there was a "prediction" that Nibiru was going to collide with Earth and all would be lost. Somehow, that planet would sneak up on us without anyone knowing until it was too late.

But now its been found. Its secret is laid open for all to see. Hello Nibiru, your plan is foiled.

Minneapolis, MN

Fansome

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 0337 UTC »
Klaatu barada nikto.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 1958 UTC »
Same to you with a cherry on top, Fanny! Cussin' people in space talk.

I saw the documentary about what happened on that day in D.C. It was as if the earth stood still.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 1605 UTC »
Does anyone have a Klaatu album ?
Klaatu was a Canadian rock band formed in 1973, named after the extraterrestrial character Klaatu from the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still...http://www.klaatutheband.com/
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 2018 UTC »
Does anyone have a Klaatu album ?
Klaatu was a Canadian rock band formed in 1973, named after the extraterrestrial character Klaatu from the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still...http://www.klaatutheband.com/

I remember my HS friends having some of their stuff.

Weren't they a prog rock band? I remember them being on the bill of a Yes show I went to. Gentle Giant was the intro act. The latter had a fat, barefoot, dancing oboe player as a frontman. The 70's were a very odd time.

Offline refmo

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Northeast Kentucky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 2218 UTC »
In case anyone needs a Klaatu fix.....     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URM_5R-vWk

The Carpenters made a hit cover of the song shortly after Klaatu released it.
Northeast Kentucky
Please eQSL to refmo[at]outlook[dot]com
Radios: Afedri AFE822x, Airspy HF+, RX-888, RSPdx, Tecsun PL880
Antennas: 700' Loop Skywire, Wellbrook ALA1530LN Loop, 400' Beverage, 34' Vertical, low dipoles on upper bands.