We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Clube do Para 4885 AM 0625 UTC 3 Oct 2018  (Read 742 times)

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
Radio Clube do Para 4885 AM 0625 UTC 3 Oct 2018
« on: October 03, 2018, 2144 UTC »
I stayed up late last night and caught Radio Clube do Para from Belém, Brazil, at 0625-0700 UTC with Brazilian pop music and quick Portuguese talk/promos by a male announcer in between songs. I caught a couple IDs and heard a frequency announcement before the station went into commercials at 0658 UTC. This one was just above the noise much of the time, but it faded in at times with nice peaks. I also checked the station’s online stream to confirm this was Radio Clube do Para.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop

Offline Ronald_Mullis

• Central Slovakia
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Bike DXer
Re: Radio Clube do Para 4885 AM 0625 UTC 3 Oct 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 1658 UTC »
Hi, their signal was very strong, reaching to Scotland. My best ever cioy, I was listening to music, not just guessing like usually when DXing. https://youtu.be/vOfUFqvPFjU I recorded this in Saturday morning, using just a whip antenna on PL-880  ::)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns