We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Alex Jones/Infowars pirate 3962 LSB  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Alex Jones/Infowars pirate 3962 LSB
« on: October 05, 2018, 1621 UTC »
I'm relunctant to log this as a pirate, since it is inside the ham bands, and it is just a relay of the Alex Jones audio feed. So probably just the usual 75m kooks entertaining each other. But here we go..

Alex Jones/Infowars audio stream, 3962 AM at 1618 UTC on 10/5/2018. Alex rants, including commercials breaks. No ID of the relayer. Very good S9 signal.
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: Alex Jones/Infowars pirate 3962 LSB
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 1947 UTC »
Turns out this must be some kind of image on my RSP2 (which is driving me insane). The frequency is strange though, not being divisible by 10. And I can't yet find the mediumwave source. So I guess file this one as unsubstantiated.
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 2102 UTC »
Where have you been at? Your dog head is welcome sight these eyes. Don't be such a stranger.

Offline fieldstrength1947

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 2229 UTC »
To what purpose is this done? Alex Jones seems to be easily receivable on shortwave already during his regular show times.