We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WFDR 6925 USB 2124 UTC 27 Oct 2018  (Read 4253 times)

Offline KaySeeks

• DX Legend
  • Quebec. Vive la différence.
    • View Profile
Re: WFDR 6925 USB 2124 UTC 27 Oct 2018
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 2314 UTC »
If people knew the real truth about this we knew that the Japanese were going to attack! We baited them here is a quote from Harry Stimson Secretary of War "We face the delicate question of the diplomatic fencing to be sure so as to be sure Japan is put in the wrong and makes the first bad move. ... The question was how we should maneuver them into the position of firing the first shot." Seek the truth about your own history!!

OMG!

MAKE SURE YOU INFORM ALL THE HISTORIANS WHO HAVE POURED OVER ALL THE WRITINGS FROM THAT ERA THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT THAT ALL THOSE LEARNED SCHOLARS MUST HAVE MISSED!
Just somebody with a radio, a computer and a pair of headphones...

Offline RainBrandy

• DX Legend
  • North West of Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 1711 UTC »
sign on at
21.24 UTC incredible signal in NW Germany, SINPO 34433!
political speech by OM, applause, screaming audience
sign off at
21.43 UTC
22.15 UTC on again, SINPO 23322 now
still on at 22.59 UTC
23.07 UTC 40ies music
23.11 UTC signal vanished here into space
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 1717 UTC by RainBrandy »
QTH: NW Germany
RX: modified Sony ICF 2001D, Perseus SDR; KiwiSDR
ANT: dipole for 45mB
eQSLs highly appreciated! RainBrandy@gmx.net

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 1752 UTC »
If people knew the real truth about this we knew that the Japanese were going to attack! We baited them here is a quote from Harry Stimson Secretary of War "We face the delicate question of the diplomatic fencing to be sure so as to be sure Japan is put in the wrong and makes the first bad move. ... The question was how we should maneuver them into the position of firing the first shot." Seek the truth about your own history!!

OMG!

MAKE SURE YOU INFORM ALL THE HISTORIANS WHO HAVE POURED OVER ALL THE WRITINGS FROM THAT ERA THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT THAT ALL THOSE LEARNED SCHOLARS MUST HAVE MISSED!

Not only did the FDR regime force war on Japan with embargoes, the USN had the FCC RID track their fleet across the pacific starting weeks before the attack. Be that as it may, and I'm all for staying out of other people's fights and want to see US forces returned from every other country, but if we hadn't fought in ww2 when we had a chance at winning we would have fought Germany and Japan when we had no chance of winning. Either that or whoever won after Germany and Japan fought.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 2001 UTC »
https://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/13/world/no-headline-247975.html

Interesting, didn't know Toland had uncovered that info, but had read from the FCC RID history that USN had tasked RID with tracking a hostile fleet across the pacific a week or so before the attack. If the IJN kept radio silence for their trip to Hawaii and tried to hide from the usually shipping lanes, perhaps the traffic from commercial shipping that saw the fleet might have given clues that were acted upon. The FCC was brought to congress at the end of ww2 to answer for something shady the military/polyticks was accusing them of, perhaps they feared the FCC revealing to the world that higher ups knew the attack was coming and let it take place. That and the abilities of the FCC compared to the services own radio direction finding units put the services to shame and they were jelly.

I had to look up Toland as I don't think I have anything by him in my library, and found this gem on the man himself;
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v11/v11p--5_Toland.html

It's from the Larouche folks, if you remember them, but must reading for any ww2 nerd.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 2030 UTC by Josh »

Offline KaySeeks

• DX Legend
  • Quebec. Vive la différence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 2103 UTC »

I had to look up Toland as I don't think I have anything by him in my library, and found this gem on the man himself;
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v11/v11p--5_Toland.html

It's from the Larouche folks, if you remember them, but must reading for any ww2 nerd.

Then there's this, which lead to my original comment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Toland_(historian)#Conspiracy_theories
Just somebody with a radio, a computer and a pair of headphones...

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 1701 UTC »
Saw that and note the usual party line. Well, if it wasn't FDR et al goading Japan into making the first move, it would have been the Brits zam zamming us into war with Germany.

https://hirschland.com/2012/03/28/the-sinking-of-the-zamzam/
https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/the-atlantis-the-kriegsmarines-last-corsair/

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 2053 UTC »
Gee, I love off topic discussions. Don't you?
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 0915 UTC »

Only when they involve Al and his weird foibles. Fortunately that's why we have a "Huh" board. This place was "All penguins, all the time." before that was instituted.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 1928 UTC »

Thanks for participating!