We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Brother Stair (AKA BS) and WBCQ's broadcast 11/02/2018 @ 1847 utc  (Read 1407 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
WBCQ is one of my favorite stations but good grief BRo. Stair (aka BS) broadcast material (audio quality) leaves some thing to be desired ... No I will NOT comment on the content.... just the audio quality.

I posted on the chat about the bad audio on 9330 khz on the 1847 utc broadcast Nov. 2 2018 before I remembered what station it was, No I wasn't giving the boot to BCQ only the crappy audio.

Well here is a recording of the audio... check it for yourself.  If you were the program director would you have let this pass?  I hope not but still we are in the days of much lower expectations. :-)

Listen for yourself;

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1PkTwDvYAIA

I know BCQ needs the bucks but still.... What I think this was ... was a replay of an old show (from a telephone) played via a cassette player into a telephone...  In other words BS's 24/7 telephone broadcast...

But you be the judge.... BTW the audio did get a bit better in the next hour where it was only a single telephone involved.

BCQ has a better than average audio system and double telephone audio from a cheap cassette player tosses out spurs and garbage like all get out...

Not bee-itching BCQ just sayin'  OK?

add this to my large rip and rage pile :-)
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline flexoman61

• DXing Phenomena
  • Connecticut, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brother Stair (AKA BS) and WBCQ's broadcast 11/02/2018 @ 1847 utc
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 1228 UTC »
That audio quality sure is bad, makes Radio Cairo look good.
Please QSL to: flexoman61@gmail.com
Connecticut
ICOM R75, Kenwood R-2000, Radio Shack PRO-2037
43m band folded dipole/VHF ground plane

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 0435 UTC »
There's no such thing as an original sin...

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 1926 UTC »
A guy named Elvis recorded something like that shortly after the other Elvis headed for that Great Burger King in The Sky, Al.

Coincidence? I think not. The cry in the streets in mid-August of 1977 was "Elvis is dead. Long live Elvis!"

I considered it Buddy Holly's revenge. The new Elvis was the spitting image of him.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 1842 UTC »
Elvis lives in a van down by the river with Salmon Rushdie and Jim Morrison.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.